Monday, March 10, 2014

Seatbelt Buckle Broken



I have a 92' Ford Ranger XLT with a typical three point retractor seat belt system. Does anyone know where I can buy the buckle with release button part only? Maybe a website? It is an eight inch piece that comes out of the carpet/floorboard.
I don't want to replace the entire seat belt system, just the buckle with release button receptacle. I want to avoid the dealership if possible, and I have never been able to find any part I needed at the junk yard.
Thanks,
Dave

any good ford salvage yard should be able to fix you right up. most i have dealt with around here can find almost any part in their inventory and or from another salvage if they don't have it in stock.
life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Basically the same piece wore out on my jeep last year. I went to the junk yard [one where they let me look] They had a number of jeeps like mine but either they were missing the part or it was also worn out. I finally got the belt from the passenger side - it works great!! although I no longer get that annoying seat belt buzzer if I forget to buckle up

all seatbelt parts are warranted for life. dealer, no charge.

You can try out www.uneedapart.com. You will get emails from yards all over the country with prices.

Originally Posted by WTDR-DTY
all seatbelt parts are warranted for life. dealer, no charge.
Are you sure?
I thought I read in the manual for my wife's car that the seatbelts were warranted for 10 yrs.

My seat belt would still be under warranty after 16 years? I just got one at the junkyard today for $25.00. Thanks for your responses






Tags: seatbelt, buckle, seat belt, belt system, buckle with, buckle with release, buckle with release button, dealer charge, junk yard, life dealer, life dealer charge, parts warranted, parts warranted life